Have you been blessed with a newborn? Congratulations!!
However, there are some things that you will need to maintain to keep the baby safe from harm’s way. Among all the different safety measures, baby food packaging is a very important part of a healthy lifestyle.
When you are buying foods or food ingredients, there are plenty of options you will get, such as pouches, glass jars, plastics, and pouches. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. You have to choose one of them very carefully based on different things. We will talk about some things about baby food packaging that you need to know.
Must Read: What Are The Packaging Strategies To Save On Shipping?
Different Options For Baby Food Packaging
As mentioned above, you will get different options like glass jars, plastic pouches, plastic containers, and many more. While all of them have different benefits, you will need to think twice before choosing any of them for your kids. Make sure to go through the different parts of this article to find out all the details about these packaging.
It will help you to keep your baby from harm’s way. While glass jars are very good to use because they are recyclable and do not come with chemicals. However, glass jars are very prone to break if they fall from your hand. Also, the broken glass pieces might harm your kid.
Must Read: Consider Eco-Friendly Packaging For Your Products
In other words, you have to be very careful about what you are choosing for your kid. On the other hand, plastics don’t break and are recyclable, but they might contain chemicals. Pouches are less messy and won’t break, but they are not recyclable. So, all of them have their cons along with the pros.
Glass Jar Packaged Baby Food
The first thing is we are going to discuss about the glass jar packaged baby food. You will find a lot of foods packaged in glass jars. The intention is to keep the food protected and in a good state. However, before using them, you need to know the pros and cons. Here are the details given below.
- Recommended by AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics).
- Eliminate the risk of harmful chemicals that are common in plastics.
- Rick of breaking.
- Heavy to carry around.
- Comparatively, it takes up a lot of space.
Pouch Packaged Baby Food
Apart from glass jars, baby products are also often seen in plastic pouches. They are a very convenient option for the parents as they are easy to carry. Apart from that, there are no chances of breaking it or taking a lot of space. Below are the pros and cons of baby good products in pouches.
- The pouch has no risk of breakage and harm to the baby.
- They are very easy to carry, thanks to being so lightweight.
- As the food goes directly from the pouch to the baby’s mouth, the chances of spreading on the floor decrease.
- Need no spoon to feed the food to the baby; it is squeezable, which makes it easy for the pouch to use.
Must Read: Unique Style of Lipstick Packaging Boxes
- Expensive compared to jarred food.
- As baby product pouches are made using polypropylene, overuse might cause a lot of issues.
- They are not recyclable and are used mostly in landfills.
Plastic Container Packaged Baby Foods
Another common option that many people choose to serve baby food is plastic containing baby food. However, there are many things that you need to keep in mind while using a plastic container packaged baby food for your baby. Here are the pros and cons given below that will help you know the details.
- Easy to recycle
- Compared to glass, the weight is low for these containers.
- These containers are less likely to break.
- It becomes more dangerous when around heat as the chances of chemicals leaching into the food increases.
- Some chemicals like phthalates, BPA, and other chemicals are available in small amounts. They can be harmful to the baby and cause many different types of diseases. To avoid using them, you need to check the label on the baby food. Most containers come with a level saying “phthalate-free” or BPA-free.
Must Read: Colorful Custom Packaging Sleeves for Selling Eye Cosmetics
Keep These Things In Mind To Avoid Harm
If you do not want to get in harm’s way, you will need to follow some things. First, make sure you are not overusing any of them. Some of the common effects that you might get to see with these three types of food packaging are bad eating habits, bad digestive skills, and others.
If you are a parent of a newly born baby and wish to ensure that your baby is in safe hands, you will need to pay attention to every little detail. That also includes packaged foods, which are not safe for kids. You can go through the article to find some of the details of what are the cons and pros of these packaging types. Then, based on your requirements, choose the best one and take care of your baby.