Microsoft is currently shipping Windows 10 Redstone 5 builds to the Insiders. Build 17662 released last week had a number of changes with some new features and yesterday Microsoft has released Build 17677 that is Edge-focused build as it brings a number of improvements to it.
Here are the details:
- Microsoft Edge Improvements:
- New Clearer Settings: Complete redesign of Settings drop down including keyboard shortucuts for those available.
- Top Sites in Jump list are visible.
- Organise the tabs you have set aside.
- Improvements to download pane including copying link etc.
- Narrator Improvements: Now you can select commands in Scan Mode.
- Kernel Debugging improvements which include support for IPV6.
- Task Manager memory improvements
- New LTE connectivity improvements.
- We fixed an issue causing Narrator to read extra text when invoking Alt + Tab.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Chinese and Japanese characters not rendering correctly in Command Prompt.
- We fixed an issue where double-clicking text in Command Prompt only selected up to the first punctuation mark, not up to the space.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Home and End keys not working in Microsoft Edge in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in a high volume of reliability issues in any XAML surface using Reveal in the previous flight.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some apps like Adobe XD from crashing on launch in recent flights.
- When you press F1 in Microsoft Edge it will now take you to the Microsoft Edge support page, rather than Microsoft Edge tips.
- When a tab in Microsoft Edge is playing audio, the volume icon in the tab will now light up when you hover your mouse over it.
- When you open local files (like PDFs) in Microsoft Edge, those files will now appear in the History section.
- We fixed an issue where downloading files in Microsoft Edge could appear stuck on doing the security scan.
- We fixed a recent issue where Ctrl + Shift + Left to select backwards in Notepad wouldn’t work at the end of a line.
- When you execute “start cmd” from a Command Prompt window, a new Command Prompt tab will now be created if you have Sets enabled. This will also work for other start launches, like “start notepad”. To start something in a new window you can use the new /newwindow flag, for example “start /newwindow notepad”.
- We fixed the issue that was preventing users from enabling Developer Mode through the For developers settings page.
- Important note for Windows Insider Program for Business folks: If you use your AAD account to receive new flights (via Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program) there is an issue causing the “Fix me” option to be presented which unfortunately will not work and you will not be able to receive the latest flights. We’re working to fix this as soon as possible in an upcoming build.
- We’re working on adding dark theme in File Explorer and the Common File Dialog, but we still have some things to do. You may see some unexpectedly light colors in these surfaces when in dark mode.
- Insiders who use Remote Desktop, project their screen, or have multiple monitors may experience explorer.exe hangs on this build. This issue can also lead to Microsoft Edge hangs.
- If you right-click apps in the taskbar you may find that the jump list is missing pinned and recent items.
- After update, Mixed Reality Portal will reinstall the Mixed Reality Software and as a result environment setting will not be preserved. If you need your Mixed Reality home experience to persist it is advised you not take this build until these issues are fixed.
You can read more build about this here.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!