Are you planning to marry your daughter to an NRI groom? Have you verified all the details of a groom before taking the decision of marrying your daughter? If not, then please do it since there are several cases in which NRI grooms turn out to be frauds. To avoid such circumstances, please confirm everything before marrying your daughter.
Precautions need to be taken to verify NRI groom before marrying your daughter
- Usually, we find people finalising marriage which is such a crucial thing just over the phone. Never make such a mistake. You must always see and meet the person, check his background and then talk about the matter.
- There are various middlemen and bureau functioning with the tags “Find NRI for your daughter”. Never believe them blindly. They will take money from both the parties and make your daughter married to someone who is far from being an NRI.
- Never agree with anyone on duplicate papers or any other sort of documents. No matter who tells you to do fake transactions, never do it.
- If someone comes and convinces you that he can get your daughter a green card if you marry her to him, then don’ trust him.
- Do not go for any sort of migration scheme that involves a wedding. No migration scheme or any other thing of that sort involves matrimony.
- Many people finalise their decisions in secrecy. Never do that. It is your daughter’s marriage ceremony. There is nothing to keep secret. Many a time, you will receive information from others which you may not have known. Hence, it is better that you let everyone know to whom your daughter is marrying.
- When anyone requests for just a registered marriage, do not agree with it. Do not agree to a wedding that is assured to take place somewhere far off.
- Moreover, never agree when anyone asks you to hold the matrimony in any other country.
Read: Family settlement for property disputes in India
Essential documents to be checked for the NRI Groom prior to solemnizing Marriage
The following list of documents need to be checked before marriage:
- Valid Visa
- Social security number (SSN)
- Alien registration card or Voter card
- Bank account documents
- Tax returns for past 3 consecutive years
- All commercial and residential property papers
Read: 4 Easy Steps For NRIs To Sell Inherited Property In India
Resources to get for verifying the NRI groom
You must contact the following people for checking the reliability of the NRI groom.
- The employer of the groom-to-be.
- The Indian embassy in the foreign country
- The groom’s local associations in your country if any
- Any friends and relatives of the groom in your country if any
Note these above-mentioned details and never agree to any form of dowry. Have a social ceremony. Following all these will prevent you any form of fraudulent activity.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!