The online dating industry is expected, according to Statista, and generate a revenue of US$1,754m in 2020.
As per Statista, the eDating industry is forecasted to show an annual growth rate (CAGR 2020-2024) of 9.3%, resulting in a projected market volume of US$2,505m by 2024.
The number of users using dating websites and apps will reach 196 million by the end of this year.
These figures depict the popularity and growing craze among people to use online dating sites and apps, which means it is indeed a fruitful business to invest in. And, if you are interested in developing a dating app, then this article is for you.
Recommended reading: Tinder App Clone
Here, we have mentioned the features, benefits, and cost of dating application development. Apart from this, we have listed the ways to build a dating application. Check it out below:
Dating App Development
A dating app should have the following features:
- Sign up/Sign in– To allow users to create a profile and then access it any time from any device.
- Geolocation– To fetch the location of the app user and display search results accordingly.
- Social media integration– To allow users to log in via their social media accounts or add links to their social media profiles.
- Push notifications– To send users alerts of new requests, messages, and more.
- Admin panel– To manage users’ related activities.
- Search option with filters– To allow users to search other users by providing their particular partner preferences.
To make your app different from ones that are already available in the market, you can think of integrating advanced features such as:
- The option to see if others have blocked a user.
- Undo your accidental swipe or Connect Request before the person receives a notification for the same.
- Keyboard with auto-feed popular song titles
- Unsend messages, if the other person hasn’t read it yet.
Please note adding exceptional features might affect the total cost of your dating app development.
Recommended reading: Gojek Clone App
Benefits of a dating application
- Preferences-based search- You can find a partner according to your particular preferences, such as location, similar interests or hobbies, and more.
- Best for the introverts- A dating app is a perfect solution for those who hesitate or feel shy to approach a man or woman for friendship, dating, or love. Using the app, they can speak to a man or woman without any hesitation, as no face to face interaction is involved in the beginning.
- Choose your purpose- With a dating app, you can decide whether you want a person for casual dating, hangout, love, or serious relationship.
- No restrictions of race or religion- You can date anyone irrespective of their race, religion, or colour (obviously, the other person should share the same thoughts).
Besides the above-given, a dating app has many other advantages, especially over the traditional way of dating.
How to build a dating app?
Those with little or no idea of development can contact a custom mobile app development company or hire mobile app developers for their dating app development project. However, if you want to build it on your own, then follow these stages:
- Market research
- Prepare the UI/UX design
- Develop the code
- Test all modules
- Final release
A dating app works based on matching algorithms; therefore, it is necessary to pay attention to the same. You can choose from any of these algorithms:
- Location-based matching– To show your users their nearby matches. Employ the GPS capability for the same.
- Mathematical-based matching– To match two profiles based on their similar interests, hobbies, and life goals. Give users a questionnaire to fill and display results according to the answers.
- Behaviour-based matching– Matching profiles as per their compatibility.
- Advanced matching– Use of machine learning, artificial intelligence, augmented reality, virtual reality, and other top technologies to show recommended profiles to a user.
Recommended reading: Amazon Clone Website
Most popular dating applications
Before you begin developing a dating app, go through these to know how to make your app stand apart from these:
- Coffee Meets Bagel
- Plenty of Fish
What is the cost of making a dating app?
The total cost of developing a dating app depends on the platform you want to release your app on, features and complexity of the app, size and location of the development team, and a few other factors. Therefore, to determine the same, you need to list down these factors first.
In case, if you are still curious to know the estimated cost of dating app development, then it would be around the US $25,000 to $50,000. The figures may change depending on your particular app requirements.
While developing such an app, don’t forget to set the monetization strategy in advance. You can earn money through your app: by providing premium memberships, including in-app purchases, or through in-app advertisements.
Get a feature-rich dating app developed today!
Recommended reading: UberEats Clone App
Dating apps are all the rage; people all over the world are finding these applications a perfect medium to find and connect men and women for dating, love, romance, and friendship. The rapidly growing number of dating app users has led to a big spike in their demand.
If you want to fulfil this demand with a feature-rich dating app, then read this article to know what should be the essential and advanced features, the cost of developing the app, and other factors. For building such an app, contact a reliable dating app development company or hire dedicated developers.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!